Saturday, November 6, 2021

London/ Newcastle Rock Walk & Blues on the Radio

Year's ago I took a dozen students and my friend Jason Birnstihl on a Rock Walk to London, Newcastle and Edinburgh. Since it was a one credit hour course, I created an online presence for the course. 

The focus was on music from the Classic Rock Era. However, there are some great historical sites noted on the blog as well. 

This is a multi-page blog so look for the walk map as well as additional information on Newcastle Upon Tyne. 

Here is the link:
London Rock Walk & More



Another aspects of my life is my radio program. Started in 1991, in my mind, its a show where I explore topics or artists, perhaps holiday or issues as if you, the listener, are sitting on my couch and I am playing records while we're having a discussion. 
Or, as I like to think, predictably unpredictable. 

It would slay me if what I played and discussed became predictable: there's already enough of that on the radio. 

My formative listening years occurred when FM radio was just beginning: the excitement of a new album that the deejays would play. And the personalities like Paxton West, Mike 'Cody', Dick Werner (DDS), Kevin Kessera, Warren Wood, and, of course, late nights with Otis and Diver. 

It was a glorious era when the deejays wove a narrative, told stories, and talked deeply about music. It was when the ART OF RADIO opened up to me. I hope you enjoy listening to, what I consider to be, my art of weaving together shows that entertain, inform, and maybe even excite...  but are not predicable. 

Here is the link: 

No comments:

Post a Comment